I am honored and privileged to serve as your 39th Surgeon General of the Navy. Below you will see an outline of my priorities, and the course that we will sail together. Take a moment to review and discuss this information with your Shipmates, reflecting on how YOUR actions contribute to maritime superiority. As a high reliability organization, your active engagement and feedback will be critically important to our continued success. More detailed guidance will be forthcoming. As always, thank you for everything you do for our warfighters and their families. I look forward to seeing you in the fleet!
Surgeon General’s Priorities
Priorities. Optimization of our People, Platforms, Performance, and Power will enhance lethality through the increased survivability of our fighting force.
People – Our military and civilian workforce is our greatest strength.
• We enhance performance by improving training and skills sustainment.
• We capitalize on talent and shape our force accordingly.
• We ensure our force maintains the highest standards of performance and behavior. Mutual respect is our baseline and excellence is our habit.
Platforms – Our equipment and capability sets required by our war.fighters.
• We focus on modernizing and maintaining our equipment sets, increasing speed, flexibility, and interoperability, while reducing fielding time and increasing survivability.
• We train to our new and emerging platforms, ever increasing our operational acumen, providing the capabilities necessary to support the warfighter.
• We deploy cohesive teams, on optimized platforms, supporting all phases of operations and operating across the range of military operations at the speed of our warfighters.
Performance – Our performance is measured by our support to our warfighters.
• We ensure our personnel meet and exceed military medical knowledge, skill, and ability standards.
• We leverage high reliability principles, appreciative inquiry, artificial intelligence, and partnerships at all levels across our organization.
• We use data driven decisions to optimize a medically ready force and prepare a ready medical force.
Power – Medical power projection will increase survivability.
• We integrate elements of the Navy Medicine enterprise to increase power. Every action and investment we take will contribute to our core mission of producing force medical readiness and medical force readiness.
• We leverage our world-class research enterprise to stay on the cutting edge of medical knowledge, rapidly developing solutions for the warfighter.