Don’t be tricked, by all the sugary treats this Halloween season. Here’s some helpful tips to protect your dental health:
1. Limit frequency of sugary treats.
Frequent snacking on sugar filled treats can make your mouth an acidic environment. This provides the perfect condition for cavity causing bacteria to grow.
2. Avoid sticky or gummy candies.
These types of candies adhere to the surface of the tooth, the acid created can breakdown the enamel surface of the teeth.
3. Parents should help brush their child’s teeth until they are able to tie their own shoe laces.
Children do not have the manual dexterity to effectively brush their own teeth. The ability to tie shoelaces is a good sign your child is ready to begin solo brushing.
4. Brush at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
Fluoride restores and protects your teeth from cavities.
5. Visit your dentist at least once a year.
Dentist can detect the early signs of tooth decay and provide preventive strategies for your dental health.